Rendering Software Engineer - FIFA
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Frostbite Rendering team!
Frostbite is EA's state of the art multi-platform game development engine that empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming! We achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with teams across EA to create amazing games.
Come join the Frostbite Rendering team to work directly on the Render Hardware Abstraction Layer of the Frostbite engine. We develop the rendering backends for current and future platforms. The team is currently split between Orlando and Vancouver. We work closely with our ''customers'', Rendering Engineers, to ensure consistent performance and quality across our supported platforms. We hope you will join our team to push the rendering technology that drives the Frostbite Renderer forward and contribute to the success of some of the industry's biggest titles.
• Develop and maintain cross-platform graphics hardware abstraction layer for Frostbite
• Develop and maintain tools to ensure high quality experience for render engineers using Frostbite
• Work closely with game team engineers and frostbite rendering team to enable and deliver new rendering features
• Undertake low level performance profiling and optimization on multiple platforms
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
• Strong C++ knowledge
• Knowledgeable of modern cpu/gpu hardware architecture
• Intimate knowledge of at least one low-level graphics API (DX11/12, Vulkan, console, etc)
• Intimate knowledge of at least one graphics debugging Tool (Pix, Renderdoc, console, etc)
• Understanding of memory management, multi-threading and optimization
• Experience with both CPU and GPU debugging
• Experience with low-level profiling and optimization
• Multi-platform graphics feature development for current-generation systems (PS4, XB1, PC)
• Professional experience working with low-level graphics API's
• Experience developing graphics debugging tools / utilities / visualizers
• Ability to develop shaders in HLSL or GLSL
• Test-driven development experience
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills)
• Attention to detail with respect to correctness and testability, beyond what is normally expected of code that might ship in one game or in one studio
• A drive for continuous improvement of the development processes and productivity
• Humble, eager to learn more and thrives in a learning culture
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.