What does the Frostbite team do?
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The Frostbite Release team oversees the performance and stability of the development environment for 300+ engineers. To achieve this we maintain automated test farms, develop tools, and provide quick resolutions to any issues blocking our engineers. The release team is also responsible for delivering the finished product to Game teams. You will be part of a team that always try to bring Frostbite at greater quality than before. We are looking for a generalist who can quickly familiarize themselves with different technologies and works well with changing priorities.
You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager.
• Monitor the automatic testing farm, flagging, and investigating any errors found.
• Updating the automatic test coverage to better reflect what the team is working on. This includes reducing test coverage'/intervals to reassign hardware to other tests.
• Design tools to improve the efficiency of how software is tested and released while elevating the product quality.
• Work with software engineers across multiple domains, understanding their needs to develop tooling in several areas such as automated monitoring, pre-test'/pre-submission and automated failure analysis.
• Respond to issues within the Frostbite production environment by working across teams and gathering data to help troubleshoot issues.
• Collaborate across domain teams and QA on releases'/updates and patches.
• Automate releases to ensure the integrity of the live environment is protected and the correct components are released.
• Improve process and culture to help release Frostbite with better quality.
• Enjoy working in a focus switching environment, converging on solutions for a myriad of problems, from changing the build farm configuration because of a hardware related issue to debugging a crash in a game level, to working on a python script to automate release workflows.
• 2 years of professional experience in C++ and Python.
• Experience with SCMs (source control management systems)
• Previous experiences in one of the following fields: Release Engineering, QA automation, Code Integration
• Production experience with game engines
• Large-scale code integration work
• Helix Perforce (SCM)
• Experience with C#
• Database tool '/ Visualization plugins such as PowerBI
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know
• How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
• More job openings for the Frostbite team
• More about our Stockholm studio
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.