At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important initiatives for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These initiatives include: EA Access, our cross-platform subscription currently on Origin, PS4, Xbox One and soon on Steam: Origin, EA's gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
In your role as Release Engineer, you will be part of a team delivering a performant and reliable desktop client for users to purchase, download and play games. You will be responsible for creating robust CI/CD pipelines which gradually release the desktop client to millions of users in a safe, controlled and data driven manner - at least once per week! Additionally, there are a number of API services supporting the desktop client you are responsible for running and improving the reliability of - in conjunction with our Technical Operations team. You will be a key contributor to the EAX team based out of EA Vancouver.
You're someone with a proven track record for:
• Planning and delivering infrastructure to meet a product teams requirements
• Reducing manual workload with automation
• Participating in on-call activities to restore services rapidly
• Performing quality Root Cause Analyses and ensuring improvements are implemented
• Making decisions based on data
• Documenting your learnings and best practices
• Implementing effective monitoring that identifies service disruptions
• Finding your way. You've got experience that helps you work and thrive in a cross-functional organization
• Most notably you'll have a rare mix of development and operational skills that provide a deep understanding of what it takes to design and run software delivery pipelines, and infrastructure services at scale
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
• 3+ years of experience in a highly technical role focused on development and/or operation of complex live services or build and release pipelines
• Experience with Visual Studio and the C++ compiler and linker
• Highly familiar with service reliability in a cloud environment including:
• • Infrastructure architecture
• High availability and disaster recovery
• Monitoring and alerting
• Kubernetes and Docker
• CI / CD and software delivery pipelines
• Comfortable contributing high quality, well tested code to complex code bases in a variety of languages including:
• • C++
• Shell scripting
In a typical week, the Release Engineer could be…
• Improving the reliability or capabilities of software delivery pipelines for the desktop client
• Identifying and advocating for architecture and service changes to improve reliability and performance, using a data driven approach
• Implementing Infrastructure as Code based solutions to satisfy team needs
• Experimenting with new tools and technologies to solve current challenges
You'll build relationships and work with…
• Developers and product managers to support the ongoing development and release of the desktop client and its new features
• EAX senior technical leadership to share your passion and approaches to gradual and safely release the desktop client to millions of users at least once per week
• Members of the Technical Operations and Site Reliability Teams in support of the operability of your teams build systems and API services
On call responsibilities may be required for this role.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7w8q-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.