We Are DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the acclaimed Battlefield and Star Wars Battlefront franchises.
The Opportunity Ahead
As a Quality Designer your role is versatile with many areas of focus and responsibility. A Quality Designer is a catalyst ensuring that QV understands the design and that its features are tested and ensuring that the quality of the game lives up to our players expectations. Quality Designers at DICE are embedded in development and will test, document, and analyze the game during production. More specifically, as part of the Sonar Spec Ops team you will partner with the Software Engineering development groups, working on the latest games and the technology behind their creation. Your role in this will also be to improve the creation experience for developers, and the game quality experience for our players. You will report to the lead or manager of the Sonar Spec Ops team who will assist and guide you.
• You will work with continuous integration, analyse stability and performance results, and contribute to a data-driven culture. You will help ensure not only the quality of the games but also the tools we use to build them.
• You will participate in technical testing efforts for important areas within the projects ongoing at DICE.
• Track data to measure the impact of changes on relevant areas and adapt to meet the needs of the projects and established quality standards.
• Establish good collaborations with both your QV peers and Dev partners, promoting a focus on quality of tests and healthy workflows.
• You will work with software engineers and other partners with a primary focus on ensuring environment and backend quality and readiness; and provide hosting infrastructure support, for our titles.
• Manage areas you are assigned to, becoming a central contact and use your expertise in that area, reporting and communicating to partners
• Assess testing requirements and requests to coordinate the efforts of support teams.
• Troubleshoot issues raised as part of the ongoing testing efforts and assist development in resolving these as efficiently as possible
• 5+ Years industry experience.
• You have a basic understanding of programming concepts or scripting.
• Experience with Programming Languages such as C#, Python and C++; can use related tools such as MS Visual Studio to program and debug code is desirable.
• A general understanding of build systems, pipelines, continuous integration, unit tests, automation, and testing frameworks.
• Proficient in JIRA & Confluence use; familiarity with Testrail or equivalent bug and test case management systems is also preferable.
• Education or experience in IT / networking infrastructure.
• User level knowledge of Linux is also an advantage.
• General comprehension of software development processes, understanding of software production milestones and the DevOps approach to development
This is a full-time role and you must live in Sweden, as we do not offer a relocation package for this role.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rek2o5-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.