Quality Designer I
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, SEED, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
Quality Designers are senior QA specialists responsible for developing processes for driving end-to-end quality across a game or a portfolio of games. You will combine hands-on elements working with game development teams on mobile games and involvement with goals and programs across the EA Mobile QA organization.
• Design and run quality verification process by providing technical and strategic direction based on collaboration with multiple disciplines
• Target the areas of issue prevention, detection, containment and reaction
• Manage overall test strategy for the game, and test planning for each release
• Conduct investigations into escaped defects to identify and address gaps and risks in existing QA processes
• Problem solving and risk assessments with the goal of finding permanent solutions and averting risks in the future
• Maintain game domain knowledge, understanding genre and platform norms and player expectations for specific titles
• Plan test strategy and QA tasks using Scrum/agile process together with game development teams
• Partner with QA Management on tracking and reporting progress, project metrics and forecasting
• Work with QA Analytics on programs such as data-driven Risk-based Testing, use of AI and machine learning to improve QA efforts
• Partner with game development teams on product roadmap, feature readiness and quality targets
• Work with the Quality Engineering team to determine projects use of automation, conduct tools and tech evaluation and improve adoption considering priority and return on investment
• You will report to the QA Development Director
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
• 8+ years of experience in Quality Assurance/test planning
• An understanding of quality assurance techniques, testing and automation frameworks and multiple test methodologies
• Experience in leading a QA team in a software development environment and have created end-to-end test strategy
• Conducted test planning and execution through multiple stages of the product development, final release and live service
• Used tools, tech, automation and data for test efficiency and optimization year over year
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8990m-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.