Quality Designer - Core Technology (Apex Legends)
Development Technology & Solutions
Development Technology & Solutions is a partner of EA Studios. They span four continents, bringing together diverse individuals passionate about their craft from across the globe. They partner in every development phase while improving their expertise to create greater experiences for players. DTS participates in creating some of the most beloved games and supports ongoing live services. Through cutting-edge technology, data-driven insights, and state-of-the-art practices, they drive quality and directly impact players. They are a learning organization, sharing collaboratively and exploring innovative ways to solve challenges in creating amazing games for millions of players worldwide.
Respawn is looking for a Quality Designer to join an established, experienced team working on Apex Legends.
This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help ensure quality across a large franchise spanning multiple studios around the world. Working with the QA, Engineering, and Production groups, you will ensure our team's technologies meet the growing needs for the project. You will work with partners to perform Return on Investment analysis, establish User Acceptance Test criteria, perform Tests for Completion and ensure that our tools strategy (our tool sets) exceed the team's requirements.
You will report to the Development Director/Manager.
• QA representative for Technology within the defined scope.
• Work directly with Production members to ensure that development requirements are understood.
• Report on the progress of testing until the release is complete.
• Work with other team members to increase awareness of testability, communicate ongoing findings from test execution, and escalate risks to the final product as they emerge.
• Expected to attend regular meetings, vocalize status to partner groups. Understand how to navigate conflict and message based on context and audience.
• Partner with representatives from off-site testing studios that assist with higher volume test case completion. Advocate and maintain appropriate quality standards that support successful outcomes.
• Interpret & use data visualizations to provide relevant insights.
• Use data to construct a cohesive and consumable summary for senior team members.
• Understand how to evaluate the state of the product by ongoing exploration and experimentation.
• Work with Development partners to provide support for game engine refactoring and improvements.
• Understand how game engine functions can affect various aspects of the intended player experience
• Work with Development partners to help establish performance and memory requirements and translate details to rest of QA team for proficient verification
• 5+ years of experience as a Sr QA Analyst/feature owner in software development
• Experience working in an upstream/embedded QA model
• Experience with Agile/scrum software development
• Experience partnering with developers on content delivery as an advocate of game quality
• Experience with software development process and milestones/deadlines
• Experience working in a live service development model (i.e. sprints, releases, content deployments)
• Proficient in development planning tool sets (Jira, Hansoft) and code/asset integration software (Perforce)
• Experience with automation frameworks, scripting, and advocating for automated test solutions
• Experience working with game engines and associated tool sets
• Experience with game rendering, performance, and memory requirements
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzpzwn-3-92-28-52-42 in your application.