Quality Analyst II - Frostbite (Contractor)
This opportunity is a contractor role working for Electronic Arts Romania hired through Smartree for 12 months.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Main Purpose of the Role:
We are looking for a Quality Analyst II for the core Frostbite Bucharest team. You will be a part of the Frostbite Central QA team – reporting into our WWQA organization – for coordinating, organizing, and performing work assigned from the manager, ensuring consistency with process, methodologies, and results. Your primary goal is to achieve a high level of quality for the Frostbite engine through building and improving upon a quality program of end-to-end tests, integration tests, and release/change management processes. The focus is to identify, isolate, regress and communicate bugs.
The Quality Analyst is a software quality expert that applies black box testing and enables automated testing techniques and in-depth understanding of system design and implementation to identify bugs as early as possible in the development cycle. This requires good test strategies and experience which challenge the software to guarantee a very high level of quality (Functional, Reliable and Usable).
You will partner with development and domain teams internally to help improve the test and development processes, and provide support as needed. You will become a driver of the quality process and an expert of the Frostbite engine with all its associated in-house and 3rd party tools.
• Become the Expert for the area being analyzed. Be the central contact person for multiple teams.
• Practice an advanced use and manipulation of test tools.
• Review database issues, consider the level of severity and publish/respond to issues where required.
• Work with the other Quality Analysts to identify efficiency opportunities and success rate, which are supported by available data. Look for creative new data tracking to support further transformation of Quality Verification testing practices.
• Use necessary game experience and skillset to find and reproduce concerns in software and document these in a clear, detailed and objective manner.
• 2+ years of experience with and knowledge of QA processes, methodologies, and testing techniques, automated and manual test processes, test case design, regression testing, load testing
• Experience with games and game engines, content and asset editors, software tools, and shared technologies will be an asset.
• Familiarity with Development Tools such as Perforce and Visual Studio.
• Understanding of build systems, continuous integration, unit tests, automated functional tests, and testing frameworks.
• Proficiency in Defect tracking tools (JIRA) and Test management tools (TestRail).
• Knowledge of software development processes and continuous development.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
• Experience with test automation.
• Experience with what a game engine is and what it is used for.
• C#/C++ experience is considered a good asset.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.