Senior Rendering Engineer
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
Progression Designer - SKATE
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.
We are looking for an experienced Progression Designer to join the Skate team. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development on a new entry in the Skate franchise. In this role you will help shape the progression systems that make up the foundation of the game, define a clear plan of action, and then guide the implementation through to completion.
• Design flexible economy systems and features (progression & reward structures, currencies, sinks & sources etc.) aligned with the creative, game, and product directions.
• Create design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate your designs
• Adapt to technical and production constraints & participate in finding solutions to optimize features
• Implement, tune, and balance game systems, economies, and progression, gathering feedback and adjusting design accordingly
• A college diploma in Game Design, Project Management, or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset)
• At least 5 years of experience in game design or related experience
• In-depth experience with game engines, productivity software (word processors, spreadsheets, etc.) & familiarity with project management software (e.g. Jira)
• Exceptional problem-solving, organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Comprehensive understanding of current market trends and consumer feedback with the ability to craft and implement innovative ideas based on analytics, data, and research
• Deep familiarity with the fundamentals of user experience and playability testing.
• Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
• Passion for fostering an inclusive and diverse, 'team-first' culture based on fun
• As a solution-oriented designer, you respond to opinions, analytics, and test results with suggestions for improvement. By leveraging real player data and gathering feedback, you make informed choices to deliver an engaging overall experience.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.