PROGRAM WRITER - FROSTBITE
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
As a Programmer Writer, you will report to the Managing Editor of the Frostbite Documentation Team. You will be part of a distributed team that's responsible for empowering Frostbite engine developers, product managers, and quality verification engineers to share their knowledge. You will do this by organizing, writing, and editing technical documentation and complex game creator reference materials. Your user-centric approach will help content creators, engineers, and programmers learn how to implement and support the Frostbite engine. You will work side-by-side with game engine developers and experts to help them share their knowledge.
• Work within distributed teams (product management, engineering, content, experience design, and analytics) to organize, create, and sustain the Frostbite engine technical documentation and tutorials.
• Work with experts to learn about engine features, write documentation, and consult on best practices for conveying technical information.
• Employ a diplomatic approach when managing projects to address game creator concerns,, and provide guidance on documentation standards, such as approach and depth of details.
• Help create interactive tutorials.
• Participate in documentation tooling and process improvement across multiple, concurrent projects and systems.
• Contribute to content management practices that build a foundation for future documentation processes.
WHO YOU ARE:
• 2+ years of software or online technical writing experience
• Experienced at working in a collaborative, Agile development environment
• Knowledge and aptitude for the technical side of game engines; related degree or experience that expresses skills with documenting technical concepts and systems
• Experienced using a content management system (CMS) or similar knowledge management systems to organize and create documentation
• Experienced in creating documentation that is detail-oriented, concise, and accurate
• Skilled at translating technical concepts into written and visual formats
• Experienced writing Markdown and HTML by hand.
To be considered for this position, be prepared to provide writing samples.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0yxvm-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.