Program Manager (Temporary)
Program Manager (Temporary full time, 12 month contract estimate)
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
What does a Program Manager do?
As a Program Manager, you will plan and manage projects, initiatives, program increments, and releases spanning multiple teams and locations. You will liaise with the project managers on individual development teams to ensure that team capacity and projects are appropriately planned and staffed, and that dependencies and risks are being managed for effective on-time delivery. You will help craft and manage development processes, including project and capacity planning, progress tracking, and team-wide collaboration and communication. You will demonstrate excellent communication skills in keeping the team, the studios, and the executive team up to date with progress on key projects.
Project Planning and Management
• Coordinate with engineering stakeholders and product owners to prioritize projects
• Determine the resource requirements to meet the project goals
• Evaluate and resolve dependencies and establish success criteria
• Successfully deliver projects using Agile development in a distributed development environment
• Manage and track development work, and communicate progress against committed deliverables
• Estimate the impact of change requests on project schedule, budget, and resources
• Ensure support issues and other plan interrupts are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
Team and Process Management
• Dotted-line manage and support project managers from development teams
• Monitor workload and recognize extra effort
• Drive departmental planning (i.e. resource, initiative, program increment, release planning)
• Devise and assist in implementing process improvements across groups and advocate for the team.
Skills and Experience
• 8+ years of project and program management experience in a high- tech company
• Experience in various project management methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
• Experience with distributed development across multiple locations
• Strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills
• Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization
• Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of education
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.