Program Manager, Frostbite Art & Rendering
Electronic Arts is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We create extraordinary game experiences for millions of players by bringing together people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion.
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state of the art multi-platform game engine. Our global team develops industry leading technology that enables thousands of game developers across EA to create amazing experiences for our players. Working on Frostbite means working with some of the most acclaimed franchises in the industry such as Battlefield and FIFA.
Frostbite uses its proprietary technical advantages to empower game creators to shape games and push the boundaries of what they can achieve. Creating and applying new technology in the gaming industry is not easy but it is increasingly the difference-maker between an evolutionary game and a revolutionary one. Here at Frostbite, we are setting the bar high and have a team of great engineers who are dedicated and willing to ship the next game. Frostbite powers some of the most visually stunning games in the industry. We are located across North America (Vancouver, Edmonton, Orlando, Montreal), Europe (Guildford, Stockholm, Bucharest), and Australia (Melbourne).
What does a Program Manager do?
As Program Manager, you will lead and motivate one or more teams within the Art & Rendering product area with a focus to ensure good Agile development practices. You will improve the development process, including project and capacity planning, progress tracking, risk management, and team-wide collaboration and communication.
Responsibilities: Project and Program Management
• Collaborate closely with product owners, tech leads and engineering managers to plan and execute efficiently on projects
• Determine the resource requirements to meet project goals and establish success criteria
• Evaluate and resolve dependencies
• Successfully deliver projects using Agile development in a distributed development environment
• Manage and track development tasks, and communicate progress against committed deliverables
• Estimate the impact of change requests on project schedule, budget, and resources
• Ensure support and other interruptions to planned work are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
• Risk management
Responsibilities: Team and Process Management
• Promote the Agile development process in teams
• Dotted-line manage the development team (in partnership with Engineering Manager)
• Monitor team health, workload and recognize extra effort
• Guide departmental planning (i.e. resource, initiative, sprint/program increment, release planning etc.)
• Create and help implement process improvements across groups and advocate for the team.
• 5+ years of project/program management experience in a high-tech company
• Experience in multiple project management methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
• Scrum Master or Agile Coach experience
• Experience with distributed development across multiple locations
• Bachelor's degree
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Frostbite we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees' with occupational pension.
• How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
More job openings for the Frostbite team!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.