Lead Game Designer
Guildford, United Kingdom
Producer (EA Partners) - 12 month contract
We are EA We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. We employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry. The Challenge Ahead: A Producer for EA Partners will partner and develop outstanding external studio teams who create and provide an evolving portfolio of creative connected game and entertainment experiences for Electronic Arts.
You will create high-quality, culturally relevant externally developed games across the worldwide landscape that fit with the EA games portfolio, overseeing production from initial concept development through to delivering high-quality games that give amazing player experiences. Reporting to the GM of EA Partners, you will demonstrate leadership, and the ability to establish and promote new business models. You can assess concepts and have a sense for what will make a successful game experience and where that fits in the EA portfolio and Player Network. Additionally, you will have experience working with production planning, technical teams, business groups and can present these concepts and games to EA senior executive management.
What a Producer does at EA:
• Work as a key member of the production team while tracking game development across an evolving slate of product:
• Be part of a team overseeing EA Partner games with multiple SKU's and studios in production at any one time, including live service components where applicable.
• Cultivate successful external partnerships, leading through influence and looking for positive partnership solutions to all problems.
• We work with peers in Marketing, Sales, QA, Development, Finance, Operations, 1st parties, Central Tech and HR on the development and financial plans for the titles.
• Partner with Marketing and related functions; establish brand plans for long-term growth and expansion of portfolio: Evaluate external development teams for projects:
• Contribute to external Developer Relations to evaluate and propose best-fit external talent for EA.
• Review developers for possible augmented project options (e.g. internal IP extensions/support) in addition to full game development.
• Contribute to a culture that provides feedback, support and empowerment
• Principal working relationships: GM, EP's, Heads of Studios, Business Affairs, Marketing, Quality Assurance/Customer Support, international offices for product release coordination. The next great EA Producer needs:
• Experience in many aspects of game creation, from working through several early game development cycles through production to shipping games.
• Experience blending business, creative and project management.
• Combination of product portfolio and service management experience or insights is ideal.
• Experience managing multiple production teams (both internal & external) that have delivered products to the marketplace.
• Comfortable with new business models and traditional game development / entertainment content distribution models.
• A passion to innovate in the gaming and entertainment space - with a passion for new business opportunities.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.