At DICE we love to push boundaries with creativity, passion, and the constant ambition to create something extraordinary. To do that we need the right people for the job. With the next challenge on the horizon we want to expand our technical animation team. We're looking for procedural artist across all seniority levels, from both game and film backgrounds.
Who you will work with
The role of a Procedural Artist at DICE, you will work with multiple disciplines including 3D Art, Level Artist, Engineering, Tech Art. On a daily basis you will report to our Technical Art Director or Lead Artist for a project and you will be the bridge between 3D Art, Level Art and Tech Art.
As a studio we encourage career development, well-being and fun, which for a Procedural Artist translates to a high degree of creative ownership, a democratic decision-making process and plenty of growth opportunities both artistically and technically. We promote realistic and sustainable planning to provide a healthy work-life balance. We also organize activities such as workshops, life drawing sessions and regular team meals to bring the team closer together and foster a fun and inclusive workplace.
What you will do
The visual aspect is a central part of any game, it's a combination of artistic, technical and production challenges. As a Procedural Artist at DICE we want you to help push the visual quality by working with artists creating technical tools to empower them to create more faster. You have an artistic eye that guides the tool making and allow you to understand the people using the tools. Be the glue between our Artists, Designers, fellow Tech Art and Engineers.
Every studio, title or even task has its own conditions and the Procedural Artist can both understand these in detail and provide their solutions. This means that you will help developing tools and pipeline, identify production pitfalls, technical implementation, document best practices, share you knowledge and look for way to push our AAA titles further. Short-term to help production make delivery but over time the tools are refined and gives studio control to evolve the games.
You will also:
• Understand procedural tools such as Houdini and Substance.
• Be proficient in Python and vector algebra.
• Have experience in one or more artistic areas.
• Do technical research and find appropriate solution.
• Script GUI or automation macro.
• Participate in sharing practices with other procedural artists.
• Provide usable tools for content creators based on their feedback.
Who you are
Regardless if your background is in games or film, what's most important is what you bring to the table and that you have a basic understanding of game engines, art creation, procedural tools and workflows.
You are also:
• Someone with 3+ years of experience as a tech artist, environment artist in video games or film industry.
• Someone who contributes to a collaborative, transparent and learning culture within the team and who takes an active interest in improving the craft.
• Take great pride creating structure around you.
• Not scared of experimenting.
• Someone who is motivated to help a broad group of developers.
• Someone who welcomes artistic feedback from Art Directors.
• Someone who welcomes technical feedback from Tech Art Directors.
Good for you to know
This is a permanent position and only applicants with a portfolio will be considered. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a work assignment.
Even if your experience doesn't perfectly match this job description we would love to hear from you and get to know you better. DICE is made up of people with different backgrounds and perspectives, so regardless of where you come from, we want you to apply if you want to become the next generation of DICErs.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.