People Relations Investigator
Electronic Arts – Remote
People Relations Investigator (Remote)
Most companies call it Employee Relations. At Electronic Arts we made the deliberate decision to brand our department People Relations. Now, EA is continuing to expand the Global People Relations Team! This centralized and remote group of professionals leads investigations into workplace concerns and our goal is to have a safe and inspiring workplace for our people. We are looking for a People Relations Investigation expert who excels while navigating complex workplace concerns such as retaliation, discrimination, bullying and harassment and other culture concerns or workplace behaviors. A desire to provide a positive employee experience conducting investigations is a must for this position.
• Lead investigations into employee concerns to provide an inclusive culture and in agreement with company values.
• Determine the appropriate approach, prepare questions and use empathy to interview parties and witnesses.
• Conduct the necessary analysis using and provide sound recommendations for resolution of issues, considering local legislation/regulations and company policies.
• Document the findings and analyses in a professional, and legally sound report.
• Provide visibility and risk or themes by working with leadership, People Experience (HR) partners, Legal and other partners.
• Recommend solutions to address issues from a systematic perspective
• Maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality.
• Use case management system to document case work
• Coach employees and managers on navigation of People Relations matters and provides guidance and training recommendations.
• With a focus on the employee experience, provides advice to employees and managers on how to navigate work and handle themselves post-investigation
• Consult with partners and team members as an expert
• Work with People & Policy team to identifies policy opportunities and to build organizational capability by managing employee relations matters
• Provide training and best practice sharing with other teams
• Partner and maintain collaborative relationships with People Experience, Legal and Diversity & Inclusion colleagues
• Provide a positive employee experience through confidentiality, warmth, compassion and follow up
• Provide communication to partners
• Embody our values of creating an inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work
• Knowledge in Employee Relations with experience conducting investigations related to discrimination, harassment and retaliation
• Experience writing position statements or other legal documents
• Empathetic with a genuine desire to provide a positive experience and inclusive culture
• Collaborative approach
• Awareness of need to adjust based on a variety of factors
• Objective, fair, and compliant with local and federal laws
• Experience using data to identify insights that guide action
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• 5+ years of progressive Employee Relations or HR Business Partner experience
• Knowledge and interpretation of relevant HR best practices, employment law standards and workplace investigative protocols
• Genuine desire in promoting a fair, inclusive and positive work environment for all
• Some occasional travel may be required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb170x-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.