EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work are at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are excited by the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
Join us if you believe this is the right environment for you to succeed.
The Online Software Engineer will help build our networked play development team. We are looking for engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, adding amazing new features to an existing and beloved game, and improving existing code. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
• Develop technical solutions for online game features.
• Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code.
• Look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
• Awareness of how technical implementation impacts our performance and memory budgets.
• Work with 3rd party software APIs.
• You will report to the online team's manager and work with your peers on developing FIFA's foundation layer.
• 4+ years of experience in C++ software development.
• Experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer and multi-threaded architectures.
• Knowledge of modern database technologies.
• Knowledge of networking protocols.
• Knowledge of good software programming practices.
• Experience with 3rd party APIs.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
Nice to have:
• 2+ years of experience working on Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo game consoles or other embedded systems.
• Experience of real-time game networking.
• Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.
• Experience with source control systems will come in handy.
• Experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua) and interpreted languages (C#).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4x3qq-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.