We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. To do this, we employ the most creative, passionate people. DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield and Star Wars Battlefront franchises.
The Narrative team at DICE creates the fiction that ties our games together. Our mission is to create engaging characters, immersive worlds and compelling stories which resonate with players all over the world. We are expanding our Narrative team and need an experienced Writer to join us on our journey.
You're someone who is passionate about game narrative and who cares about telling unique and interesting stories and has the desire to bring them into reality.
As a Narrative Writer at DICE you'll work with designers and artists to create characters and bring them to life, build location histories and backstories and seed that fiction into the world, create in-game text for missions, rewards and items, and work with cinematic to create tight engaging sequences that pull everything all together. Through all these things you'll manage the maintenance of a unified style and tone. You will report to the Lead Narrative Designer on each project and your functional manager.
• Excellent grammatical skills.
• Strong understanding of game narrative and various mechanics of storytelling.
• A passion for playing and making games.
• Taking ideas from start to finish on your own.
• Work with the team and adjust to project needs.
• Excellent with taking and providing feedback.
• Shipped at least one AAA project with a writing role.
• 3+ years writing experience in games, film & television, applications or web.
• Experience with Microsoft excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets).
Good to have experience with
• Creating compelling stories, worlds and characters.
• Writing game backstories, lore, and flavor text.
• Writing cinematic scripts and sequences.
• Branching narratives.
• Writing in-game dialog
• Creating in-game scripts, bios, casting briefs and lore documentation.
• Conveying game mechanics and systems through efficient in-game prompts.
• Maintaining voice, style and tone throughout multiple forms of media. From in-game text to combat dialogue and cinematic sequences.
• Breaking down and convey narrative constructs to those who are less familiar with them.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7n79k-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.