''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands.
Motive Montreal is looking for a Narrative Director to join us in the early stages of an exciting new project where story plays a central role. The Narrative Director will report to the Creative Director and is instrumental in crafting the narrative experience of our game, from what the story is to how that story is told. They will collaborate directly with the creative leadership and the narrative team to conceptualize and deliver rich story-driven content.
• Work with the writing team to develop a background story for our world and the main characters that populate it
• Guide the development of the main story and ancillary storylines.
• Unify narrative goals with gameplay goals
• Communicate the story direction and how it unfolds across all story channels
• Provide direction and feedback to our writing and narrative design teams
• Lead casting, recording and mocap sessions
• Work with World Design to help deliver a rich story experience through the world itself
• Strong command of the English language
• 8+ years of writing or narrative design experience in the video game industry
• 4+ years writing experience: telling stories, writing scripts and dialogue, finding character voice.
• Experience as a lead writer or narrative director on a AAA game
• Experience supporting a team of writers or designers as a mentor or peer.
• Experience managing quality, consistency, and coherency across a team of writers.
• Understand the challenges of creating narrative content for an open world experience
• Bring your experience and passion for narrative to help shape the culture of a team.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional training.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o1w0-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.