DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, evolving the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the creation of the very innovative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
The Narrative team at DICE creates the fiction that ties our games together. Our mission is to create engaging characters, immersive worlds and compelling stories which resonate with players all over the world. We are expanding our Narrative team and need an experienced Narrative Design Director to join us on our journey.
As a Narrative Design Director at DICE you'll get the opportunity to lay down the foundation of the narrative craft at the studio. You will get to work on a long lasting franchise to help shape the future for where to take it. In your role you'll be expected to set a clear narrative vision together with the Creative Directors and to be the champion who inspires and unites the team around that vision on the journey to delivery. You will report to the Creative Director on each project and your functional manager.
• Strong, tested, leadership and collaboration skills.
• Extensive experience at creating compelling stories, worlds and characters.
• Strong understanding of game narrative and the various mechanics of storytelling.
• A passion for playing and making games.
• Experience presenting project visions, and engaging with audiences, both internal and external.
• Experience at overseeing a concept move from creation to completion.
• Ability to prioritize and work with the teams to adjust to project needs.
• Excellent with taking and providing feedback.
• Shipped at least one AAA project in a Narrative Leadership role.
• 3+ years writing experience in games, film and television, applications or web.
• Excellent grammatical skills.
• Good understanding of general media such as games, books & movies.
• Good at creating ripomatic videos to share vision or set examples.
• Maintaining voice, style and tone throughout multiple forms of media.
• Breaking down and conveying narrative constructs to those who are less familiar with them.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6p82n-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.