EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Capture team provides high-quality body motion performances for in-game, cinematic and narrative sequences.
• You will report to the Head of Production
• Support the production teams with the acquisition of motion capture
• Proficiency in Head Mounted Camera (HMC) acquisition, including setup and quality assurance, for Performance Capture; Understanding of HMC software (i.e. Faceware, Technoprops, etc.) in live production
• On occasion assist the scan acquisition team with acquiring 3d character asset data during modeling sessions
• Perform shoot session tasks of performer calibration, directing performer range of motions, QA'ing recorded asset data.
• Set-up, run and monitor EA's proprietary tool sets relating to processing motion data
• Work with /motion capture and animation leads during the production prep/acquisition/post production phases to maintain visual targets while on-set
• Support performer wardrobe fitting and motion capture marker application
• Work with Capture producers, acquisition team, technical artists and game development teams to provide recommendation, guidance and solutions to best acquire data during shoots
• Conduct character calibration/subject setups used in retargeting motion data
• Contribute documenting workflow and pipelines
• Contribute to post-mortems, providing feedback that helps improve process and data quality
• Help support tool development programs used to increase pipeline efficiency and quality
Although not required, you have:
• Minimum 3 years' motion capture or animation background in video games, television, film or other related industry
• Minimum 3 years' experience with Motion Builder or similar 3D animation software experience
• Understanding of human movement, and detailed knowledge of functional human anatomy
• Work well under the pressures of 'live' production environments
• On-set production experience in related entertainment industry: Film, TV, Video games, VFX
• 3+ years experience with optical Motion Capture systems, Vicon and Motion Analysis favored
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22zw6-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.