Development Manager - QV
Manager, Game Development Applications Services
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is fun. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
This is an important technical leadership role in the Game Development Application Services team and offers a recognized expert the opportunity to envision and design a variety of enterprise-level solutions to support Application Life-cycle Management for EA's video games and central services teams. Your work will involve the creation of the solution architectures to incorporate custom, COTS and packaged applications together with integrations with products such as Slack, JIRA, Perforce, and GitLab. These solutions are built upon a cloud-first philosophy and use public cloud services from leading providers such as Azure, AWS and Google. Coupled with the power of the cloud, you will have people management responsibilities over small Agile teams to architect engineer applications to support thousands of current users.
• Lead a team to create the solution and software architecture for high-volume, high transaction applications specifically targeted to support the game development teams across the entire global enterprise
• As a people manager, leads a team with a culture of trust and collaboration
• Demonstrate a sound understanding of game development team goals that guide technology requirements and design deliverables.
• Have and develop knowledge of trends, relevant software development technologies, design patterns and methodologies
• Collaborate with other engineers and architects to create guidelines, methodologies, and documentation
• Be a hands-on person leading the team from the front and a coach for software engineers in accomplishing architecture, design and implementation goals
• Provide architectural guidance to quality assurance on all new code from launch through integration, staging and production environments
• Participate in code reviews provide feedback on design and implementation to help others improve coding skills
• Document the requirements and the architecture and design proposed to provide the software solution
• Take part in any negotiations or discussions regarding the necessary requirements, and provide feedback to all parties involved
• Report progress and status through regular email or face-to-face communication with appropriate leads/managers
Job qualifications and requirements
• 8+ years of experience building enterprise level software solutions
• 5+ years of experience in database development using Microsoft SQL Server or similar RDBMs and related programming data access technologies (ADO.NET, ORMs, OData)
• 5+ years of experience applying design patterns, methodologies and recognized practices like unit testing, dependency injection, test-driven development, continuous integration and delivery
• 2+ years of experience to architect cloud-based applications using PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) offerings from leading vendors such Amazon's AWS and Microsoft Azure
• 3 years leadership experience
• Experience with development methodologies including waterfall and agile
• Conduct complex systems analysis and translate user requirements into solutions
• Solid experience with DevOps in a cloud environment, including automation experience, cloud computing and configuration as code
• Deal with all levels of management and staff
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages; and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make excellent games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that excels from creativity and individuality.
Don't Just Play It – Create It!
It's not easy building the world's best digital playground. It's hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It's down-in-the-trenches challenging. It's stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It's you-taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that's changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart plans, acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you're reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.