Guildford, United Kingdom
Manager -- Publishing, Operations and e-Commerce
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important projects for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These projects include: EA Access, our cross-platform subscription currently on Origin, PS4, Xbox One and soon on Steam: Origin, EA's gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
In your role as Manager, Publishing Operations & E-Commerce, you will manage a team in the development of digital strategies for EA's marketing and e-commerce efforts, which means leading, developing and mentoring a team of Content Managers, while improving for greater operational efficiency, always with an eye on speed and quality of delivery. As part of the broader EA.com and Digital Operations team you will be an important contributor to the EAX team based in EA Redwood Shores or EA Guildford.
You are someone with a track record in Publishing and E-Commerce. You will:
• Manage workload priorities across multiple work streams, including game development support, content publishing, merchandising, our programs, and live services management
• Build a framework approach to plan and prioritize risk for workload releases and investment opportunities
• Combine strategies/goals/ideas from EAX and publishing partners to applicable projects and goals
• Develop direct-report talent through goals setting and mentoring
• Support publishing partners globally; able to manage projects and partner meetings during off-business timelines
• Manage relationships with multiple partners to support important deliverable dates and service
• Maintain deep technical knowledge of EA systems that impact digital publishing and EAX services; understand the digital platform holistically to know how it impacts publishing and supporting toolsets
• Operationally manage content configurations that support programs related to the player experience, EA digital store, and subscriptions models to ensure partner and programs are met
• Troubleshoot problems in a complex multi-tier system
• Support player engagement and content projects through publishing content for EA's player portals including regional and localized requirements
• Support merchandising projects and promotional events on the digital store
• Improve publishing processes to distribute content, updates, offer incentives, and other ad hoc communications to customers or your team
• Support pricing updates, product adjustments, content releases, and related activities for EA's player network, including updates requested by franchise or territory leads
• Identify and bring to practice opportunities for process and operations optimization
• Report on goals
• Document and build usable knowledge repositories
• Project manage complex and multi-facetted programs, tracking important publishing integration points with EAX and their success criteria
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
• Leader: Engaged people manager that can lead and inspire others.
• Champion: to guide multiple teams across domains towards unified outcomes and best practices.
• Strategic: Someone who takes a diverse approach, tactics, and actions based on strategic conceptual goals.
• Curious: Someone who asks questions and finds answers and uses resources well.
• Smart: Understanding issues in full scope, goals and issues to make choices.
• Collaborative: Partner and champion with both local and global partners.
• Creative: Understand how technology, design, and processes interact to create products, tools, and approach to completing work.
• Hands-on expertise working with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) or similar content management systems (CMS)
• Experience using Microsoft Windows and Windows applications as a power user
• Comfort and familiarity with current subscription and e-Commerce user/buyer feature sets available on major web storefronts (e.g. Netflix, Amazon, Walmart, iTunes)
• Experience in PC gaming, digital downloads and other social media.
You'll build relationships and work with…
• Product Managers, Project Managers and other important members of the EAX team to help provide the live service for EA.com, Origin.com, our Subscriptions programs and our new EA Desktop Application.
• Teams from Marketing, Product Lifecycle Management and Studio.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.