Brand Marketing Manager
Guildford, United Kingdom
We are Electronic Arts' Marketing and Commercial Organization (MCO). Our teams build meaningful relationships with hundreds of millions of players around the world who love our games. We aim to be the best at meeting players where they are and supporting them throughout their journey with EA. Our teams develop the strategic vision of our products, run outstanding multi-channel campaigns, build global engagement across all touch points, develop global insights, and propel sales and global publishing. We understand the dynamic global landscape so we can bring relevant content, promotions, and help to players anywhere.
We foster an environment where our teams create the most amazing work of their career while inspiring the world to play.
Our Marcom Strategy team is seeking a Manager to work across a portfolio of exciting games, including the Battlefield and Need for Speed franchises. Reporting to the Director of Marketing Strategy, you are inquisitive, an inspiring and insight-driven thinker, a thoughtful contributor, and a collaborative partner to Game Development, Brand and Marketing teams.
We are responsible for defining the strategies that underpin our marketing campaigns. This global group of strategists, creative directors and copy writers establish the steel threads that guide the campaign from ideation to execution; including the strategic narrative, brand identity, creative platform and creative direction for our hero assets. We use both left brain and right brain thinking to boldly chase the next insight to progress marketing in our industry and beyond.
• Ideate and collaborate to create the marketing campaign strategies for our games
• Gather and interpret quant and qual insights from a variety of sources – Marcom Intelligence, Analytics, Consumer Insights and external partners –and implements those best practices and insights into our marketing strategies
• Partner with our Brand and Studio/Game Development teams to ensure the marketing campaigns support the brand guidelines and the product
• Work with our internal Creative Directors, Copy Writers and external agencies to develop the creative platform for our games, along with the persona, tone, campaign narrative and comms plan
• Champion the strategies and work of the team to internal leaders and partner with the Activation and other marketing teams to ensure quality and integrated execution of the strategy around the world
• Develop inspiring and detailed briefs for how the campaign comes to life, with a focus on executing across major marketing beats
• Establish the KPIs to measure the performance of the campaign
• 5+ years in a strategy or planning role within a creative agency, gaming or entertainment industries
• Effective communicator: an inspiring and influential voice across an organisation with experience selling in creative ideas to different audiences
• A natural born storyteller: ability to build a cohesive narrative across everything from a presentation to a pithy end-line to a piece of content
• An experienced creator: a rich CV of break through activations and content across a variety of media
• Lives and breathes integrated marketing, understands the role algorithms play, the nuances of consumer behaviour in open/closed networks, and can visualise the consumer journey across channels
• Insights: an ability to interpret and decipher quant and qual data and distil the insights that best unlock creative marketing platforms.
• You enjoy gaming and have a love for the rich mythology and culture around entertainment storytelling.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.