UI Software Engineer - - EA Sports
The Challenge Ahead:
EA's Digital Platform (EADP) organization is responsible for driving critical technology decisions and investments for EA on a global basis, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is critical to making the industry's best games and services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform infrastructure that will keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone..
What you will do:
• Be part of a distributed ~10-15 person cross functional scrum team working on web applications and services
• Provide a unique blend of technical and personal skills to provide technical leadership,mentoring, and career guidance to a group of engineers
• Coach your team and help them see, reach and extend their potential
• Collaborate with external teams
• Identify the technical impact of production/design decisions and surface the trade offs
• Help drive and champion the culture of performance, maintainability, quality and automation in your scrum team
• Use your knowledge of software engineering concepts to design and implement tested, reusable, and modularcode
• Own technical direction, design and implementation for features within your scrum team
• Actively participate in project scoping, planning, design, and execution
• Work closely with both technical and feature product owners throughout the design and development process
• Deliver iterative value for our players, marketing and game franchise partners
• Contribute to building robust, performant web services that power key capabilities
• Apply knowledge of the business goals to derive innovative solutions for the project, team, and group
• Be an active learner who is up for expanding your breadth of knowledge
• Have passion for your craft. You feel ownership over everything you ship.
Skills and experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 6+ year relevant work experience
• Solid understanding of team management theory and how to motivate a team of engineers
• Experience leading a team of 6+ engineers
• Experience managing, mentoring, goal setting, mediation and career planning
• Experience building powerful, performant web services
• Experience and passion for championing and mentoring others in software development best practices appropriate for the domain
• Experienced with Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment best practices
• Experience working in a cross functional Scrum team
• Experience with DevOps / infrastructure systems
• Experience with web platforms such as Amazon Web Services
• Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89p39-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.