Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EAX is a team within EA that manages the majority of the web ecosystem for EA, including destinations such as Origin, EA.com, and more. EAX is looking to build a team of engineers to create services and functionality to help shape our future.
In your role as Senior Software Engineer, you will be a hands-on technology leader, building a strong team and depending on requirements, deliver a set of varied technical capabilities that can include APIs, web applications, design systems, client applications, and publishing pipelines. This means building an awesome team, partnering with the teams and responsibilities that your teams will support, always with an eye on how to achieve the best quality capabilities and services that our players can rely on.
You're someone with a proven track record for:
• Leading and motivating distributed engineering teams, with an understanding of operational considerations for shipping product to tens or hundreds of millions of users, including live service support considerations
• Maintaining calm. You know how to motivate and energize your peers and engineers.
• Providing live services and capabilities to both internal customers and end users.
• Be part of a distributed scrum team conformed by multiple disciplines
• Provide a unique blend of technical and people skills to provide technical leadership, mentoring, and career guidance to a group of engineers
• Coach your team and help them see and reach their potential
• Work with technical directors, and engineers to coordinate work and meet key performance indicators
• Collaborate with external teams
• Identify the technical impact of production/design decisions and surface the trade offs
• Help promote and champion the culture of performance, maintainability, quality and automation in your scrum team
• Use your knowledge of software engineering concepts to design tested, reusable, and modular code
• Participate in project scoping, planning and design
• Work with both technical and feature product owners throughout the development process
• Have passion for our customers and passion for your craft.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 10+ year relevant work experience
• Hands-on experience developing and supporting API services at scale is a must have
• Technical and practical understanding of server-side application languages such as NodeJS or Java is a must have
• Familiarity with event-driven and streaming architectures such as ActiveMQ and Kafka is a must have
• Experience with TechOps / infrastructure systems - Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes, Docker and Jenkins is a must have
• Expertise in delivering system-level technical design and documentation is a must have
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment best practices
• Experience with SQL and non-SQL databases such as MySQL, Postgres or DynamoDB
• Experience with GraphQL
• Experience with Typescript
• Experience using application monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, or New Relic
Perks and Benefits:
• Competitive salary and bonus
• Comprehensive health, dental and benefit packages
• Employee discounts with many local and online retailers
• Free and discounted video games
• Tuition reimbursement for post-secondary education
• Pension with company match
• Employee referral bonus program
Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at http://careers.ea.com/why-work-here
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vx65-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.