Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
Join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the automation and tools development team supporting Maxis, one of the EA's Premier development studios.
This Software Engineer role in the Quality Engineering organization works with Quality Assurance and Game Development to create tools and technical strategies. The goal is to improve automation infrastructure and increasing efficiencies in the Game Development and QA processes. You will ensure a seamless partner experience, focusing on understanding our partner's needs and building proper tooling solutions to satisfy their requirements and blend in with their existing workflows. You will report to the Quality Engineering technology leader, who will help you identify new technologies and develop new tools for testing. You will also be an on the ground leader in the local team and wider Quality Engineering organization.
You will develop an in-depth understanding of product designs, use EA proprietary tools to create unique automated tests, form test strategies for implementation of technologies, and will think laterally to identify requirements, roadblocks, or efficiencies that your partners may not consider.
Being a Software Engineer in Test is more than just coding – it's about supporting your QV and development peers and growing with your colleagues. As an essential and unique part of the team, you will create and deploy technical testing and test automation where yesterday's best practices are not necessarily tomorrow's solutions. You will debug problems, breathe new life into technical dead-ends, and work with the QV team to ensure all features run smoothly.
• Build sustainable software tools, tests, and services to empower development teams, and Quality Assurance
• Use modern software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation, and testing
• Develop automation frameworks, tools, engine components and processes used across studios.
• Measurably improve process and best practices to achieve targets across a small team of engineers.
• Design, author, test, and deploy automated tests to cover all test scenarios
• Interpret requests from your QA and engineering partners, account for and call out any roadblocks or efficiencies your partners may not consider, and propose and apply your creative or technical solutions.
• 3+ years of professional development experience with OOP Languages, C++.
• 1+ years of professional development experience with scripting languages like Python.
• 1+ years of professional experience working with RDB (SQL) and reporting/visualizing large datasets.
• Contributor to technical architecture and design documents for small/medium sized features
• A solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, design patterns, test-driven development, CI/CD processes, and data structures.
• Understanding of SDLC, STLC processes, and quality methodologies.
• Quality-first mindset and desire to make QA more successful through tools/automation.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer, Software Engineering, Computer Science Degree or related concentration, equivalent and/or combination of education and work experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpx5wo-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.