Development Director - QV
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
Join us for a fulfilling career while defining the future of interactive entertainment. This is an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world in a fun and creative environment.
You will be embedded within the EA Romania studio supporting the team with technical testing, test automation and debugging, reporting to a Development Manager as part of the Live environment.
As Software Engineer on the quality engineering team, you will be a part of helping the studio adopt new and existing technologies to improve the way we work. Partners of game development teams, Software Engineers are pushing services to their limit, making sure they perform to customer expectations and conform to the highest quality standards. In partnership with software engineers and program managers, and using several programming and scripting languages, they write test cases and plans; design, develop, and maintain automation test tools; and build test plans/suites that isolate and debug software problems.
• Creativity and initiative to improve test coverage and effectiveness of team
• Implement test strategy in area assigned; develop test cases for specific features
• Clarify how features should work to eliminate ambiguous requirements
• Write and use regressions tests
• Provide feedback on testability and design during design reviews
• Proactively review your test plans for completeness with leads
• Use test automation tools to create efficiencies and improve quality
• Prioritize assigned bugs/tasks with guidance from lead
• Oversee all tasks related to your assigned features
• Design and performs performance/load tests; interpret and acts on results
• Develop and execute automated unit testing suites
• Maintain and create tool sets to help monitor system metrics
• 1+ years of experience with software development life cycle, practices and software engineering methodologies
• A strong understanding of testing methodologies (Experience with load and performance testing is nice to have)
• Scripting experience with Python, PHP, or Lua
• Basic understanding of Java/C#
• Experience with server and distributed system
• RESTFul API testing and JSON
• XML, HTML
• Experience with tools such as Postman, SOPUI, or Charles, Fiddle
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk6zq-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.