EA's Canadian Legal Team is now looking for an early career lawyer to join us as Legal Counsel. The role will include supporting EA's corporate groups, managing commercial and product related agreements, creating and reviewing company policies, conducting research, and working with Canada, US and European based Legal Counsels. This position can be based out of Burnaby (BC), Edmonton (AB), Toronto (ON) or Montreal (QC).
What a Legal Counsel does at EA:
• Act as the initial point of contact within the Canada Legal Team and provide counsel on a wide variety of matters including licensing, technology, marketing, and corporate matters.
• Assist the Canada Legal Team in supporting EA's corporate departments, including drafting, reviewing, and implementing contracts, providing training on corporate policies, and managing contingent worker issues.
• Communicate corporate and legal department policies to internal partners, conduct legal research, act to limit EA's legal liabilities, and work with other attorneys, senior management, and representatives of third-party companies.
• Review, draft and negotiate various types of contracts, including consulting agreements, marketing agreements, talent agreements, technology agreements, software license and other license agreements, product development agreements and master services agreements.
Who you are:
• Member in good standing of a Canadian Law Society - required
• Common law experience – required
• 3-5 years of experience with a law firm providing services for technology clients and/or relevant in-house experience with companies in the technology industry
• Significant knowledge and experience in employment law
• Significant knowledge and experience with the negotiation and preparation of a wide range of sophisticated commercial agreements
• Ability to work in fast pace environment with cross-functional business and legal teams.
• Ability to work independently to manage the entire contract process from initial contact to execution.
• Ability to handle a high volume of work, prioritize workload efficiently and effectively and problem-solve.
• Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
• Confident and personable with a track record for building great partnerships
• Self-motivated with a high sense of personal ethics and integrity
If you're interested in this opportunity, we'd like to learn a little more about you! Please prepare a cover letter to include with your resume.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw7o6k-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.