''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Motive is looking for a Lead Systems Designer to join our team working on the early stages of a new project. You will work with creative direction and your team to develop the vision of the game systems (economy, progression, etc.) from the early stages. You understand how game systems fit together, how they can make a game engaging, and how they can empower players.
You will join a small team of design leads who report to the Gameplay Director.
• Develop gameplay systems with a focus on longer-term loops and player motivation.
• Write design documents and plan execution on features to support the creative director's vision.
• Create understanding and enthusiasm for designs by presenting them, explaining them in different forms, and taking feedback from the team.
• Create and guide prototypes that answer important questions about a design.
• Implement new features and content and develop them to completion, using our in-house tools and visual scripting.
• Oversee the global balance and difficulty curves of the game, supporting diverse player skill levels and play styles.
• Work with the team across the disciplines to identify risks early and develop features and content to a high level of quality.
• Collect and use qualitative data (playtest, usability, and customer feedback) and quantitative data (telemetry and analytics) to inform your designs.
• Manage a small team of designers, reviewing their work, providing relevant feedback, and helping them to succeed and grow their skills.
• Coordinate with other designers, project leadership, and other disciplines.
• 4+ years of design experience in video games.
• Design credits on at least two titles where you were responsible for gameplay systems.
• Experience working hands-on with a game engine to implement your designs.
• Experience with leadership and mentoring.
• Knowledge of recent titles and trends in action games and RPGs and the ability to apply insights from them.
• A focus on player experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx336j-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.