IT Services Specialist
We are EA
At EA, we have one simple vision: become the world's greatest games company. We are a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We're building a company that thinks about player experience at every step. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
The Frostbite Engine Team
The worldwide Frostbite team works on AI, Rendering, Animation, Physics and other engine features that are used across EA games.
The mission of the Frostbite AI team is to develop tools, workflows, and runtime features that support the diverse AI and gameplay needs of game teams throughout the world, such as: Pathfinding/Navigation, Crowd Simulations (Swarm), Character Behavior Authoring and Machine Learning.
You will be the Pathfinding Product Owner/Tech Lead, developing the Pathfinding and Navigation system for Frostbite, which represents a significant feature for multiple EA games.
Taking over the technical leadership role, you will directly influence the growth of this technology and create the opportunity to build a team of experienced software engineers around you.
You will work with peers from multiple game studios and the worldwide Frostbite team, implementing essential AI gameplay tools for our game engine.
You will report directly to the team's Engineering Manager, who will guide and help you with your career goals.
We hope you will join our team, to improve the AI technology and contribute to the success of EA's biggest titles.
For candidates with the right mix of technical experience and collaborative, Frostbite provides a stimulating work environment where you can solve exciting and rewarding projects that make real impact on the games enjoyed by millions.
Your role will involve:
• Develop high-quality code to provide features for EA's flagship products.
• Review and provide feedback on technical designs and code written by other software engineers.
• Guide and improve the product development path with your ideas.
• Working with the game teams, to help them improve existing and develop new technologies.
• Work collaboratively to provide high-quality cross-platform products in C++ in an Agile development environment.
• Work on all aspects of software engineering, including testing, debugging, documentation, optimization and integration.
• Ensure our designs are simple and effective, backed up with great documentation and testing to accelerate ease of use and future maintenance of our technology.
• Work with leaders and senior team members to understand customer needs and delivering Incrementally on their highest priority features and requirements.
• Provide solid estimates for new, un-scoped work.
• Bachelor's Degree or greater in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• 5+ years of experience developing video games technology
• Mastery of C++ OOP practices (algorithms, data structures, design patterns, STL extensions)
• Understanding of memory management, multi-core use, profiling and optimization
• Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
• Focus on software quality, performance, and testability
• Experience with pathfinding and navigation algorithms and workflows used in video games
• Experience with spatial reasoning libraries such as NavPower or Detour
• Experience with mesh construction toolsets such as Recast
• Experience with math and numerical methods
• Experience in Agile software development
• Basic exposure to other programming and scripting languages such as C# or Python
The Benefits of Becoming Part of the Team:
• Work in an environment with a flexible schedule and a great culture
• Make friends among brilliant and fun people
• Learn a massive amount of knowledge, skills and professional software development practices
• Participate in worldwide gaming-related events and conferences
• Have your name on the credits of the triple-A games based on Frostbite
• Have dedicated time allocated for innovation and prototyping personal projects (1 week every quarter)
• Can establish personal development goals and be supported to achieve them
• Opportunity to travel to worldwide EA studios locations to work with game and engine teams
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.