Technical Artist - Create
Lead Materials / Shader Artist (Sports)
Lead Materials and Shader Artist (Sports)
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio, and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture, and craft.
As a Lead Materials and Shader Artist, you will create diverse materials libraries and in-game Frostbite shader graphs for our Sports titles. You will collaborate closely with Art Direction and Lead Artists, to establish core material libraries, and build the content for optimal usage and alignment across titles.
• Creating benchmark materials for use on surfaces and assets.
• Deconstructing concept art, reference imagery, and style guides into efficient material sets and runtime shaders, taking into account opportunities for reuse and modularity.
• Explore, recommend and implement new techniques, tools and workflows, that improve quality and efficiency.
• Establish and maintain team best practices.
• Mentor junior/intermediate artists.
• 5 or more years of production experience with asset, level, and/or materials creation for games or VFX/movies.
• Expert knowledge of complex in-engine shaders, and run-time material graphs.
• Experience breaking down complex scenes into efficient material sets and components.
• A strong sense of lighting and understanding of real-world materials.
• Exceptional abilities in creating node-based materials, filters, and tools in Substance Designer.
• Experience creating materials and shader graphs for content-driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Frostbite, Unity).
• Examples of material libraries and parametric runtime materials built from the ground up.
• Broad range of PBR material types, including man-made and organic surfaces, demonstrating a strong sense of natural weathering, age, and wear-and-tear.
• Examples of filters, tools, and utilities created in Substance Designer.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kzj0-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.