Lead Lighting Artist
''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
We are looking for a Lead Lighting Artist who is passionate about creating high-quality lighting and is eager to join us in our desire to push quality to the next level. You will report to the Development Director.
• You will manage a Lighting team by providing artistic direction, technical assistance, and other forms of support. A Lead Lighting Artist will oversee both the daily work of the team and help guide team members to achieve their long-term goals.
• Partner with the Directors, Lead Artists, Designers, and Engineering Teams to create high-quality lighting.
• Create in-game lighting using EA's proprietary game engine, according to the agreed design and within the constraints of the target hardware and software. There is an emphasis on knowledge sharing between different teams throughout EA's studios.
• Work with Development Directors to map out Lighting development from pre-production to production; review feature designs, create asset lists, provide estimates, identify requirements.
• Partner with Art, Tech Art, and Engineering teams to develop the next-gen lighting solutions into a production pipeline
• Expert-level knowledge of real-time lighting tools and techniques
• Work with creative leadership to support the art direction through the development of lighting direction
• Mentor, communicate the creative vision to your team, and provide meaningful feedback
• Create and maintain documentation for lighting guidelines and workflows
• Work with Design departments to create lighting workflows that support gameplay goals
• You will troubleshoot technical issues associated with rendering and lighting performance, tools, and pipelines.
• Degree or Diploma in an art-related subject such as Visual Effects, Computer Animation, Film Production or Photography.
• Have shipped titles as a lighting artist with 5+ years' experience in software game development and 8+ years overall lighting experience.
• Build high lighting quality in-game engine, respecting performances and platform's constraints
• Experiences with renderers and compositing software (i.e. Nuke)
• Knowledge of Color management and color grading pipeline
• Experience with character lighting, environment lighting, and time of daylighting
• Knowledge of colour theory, composition, lighting principles, and visual shaping
• Work from concepts, colorscripts, and references to create lightings that embrace the creative vision
• Textures creation and shaders skills are considered an asset.
• Artistic sensitivity and understanding of color and lighting theory to guide composition and support storytelling