''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Motive is looking for a Lead Gameplay Animator to join our team of passionate creators and will report to the Development Director. You will join a new team at Motive, so this is your chance to contribute to improve the project in its early stages.
As a Lead Gameplay Animator, you will work with the Animation Director and the animation team to set the animation quality standards for the team. You will also be involved in developing gameplay features in collaboration with designers, technical animators and programmers.
• Lead the daily efforts for a group of animators including setting direction and tasks.
• Work with our outsourcing partners to establish standards, work to be completed, and reviewing of their work.
• Author high-quality keyframe animations that will set the standard for the team and our partners.
• Use motion capture data where it makes sense, and enhance it to match the visual aesthetics of the project.
• Design systems in-game to balance animation quality targets and gameplay responsiveness, and see it go all the way through by resolving any technical or aesthetic issues that may arise.
• Provide feedback and inspiration to junior animators and promote the animation direction and philosophy across the entire team.
• Work with technical animators to establish our character rig needs, and push our tools and workflows to the next level.
• Promote communication and collaboration with peers across varying disciplines.
• 5+ years game animation experience
• Proficient in all relevant software such as Maya and Motion Builder.
• Experience leading the daily efforts for a group of animators.
• Credited on at least one AAA title where you had ownership of parts of Player or AI animation content, including in-game implementation.
• Experience in at least one game engine, with knowledge of how to work with multiple animation systems (e.g. state machines or graphs, locomotion systems, etc).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d887bm-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.