Lead DevOps Engineer
Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important projects for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These projects include EA Access, our cross-platform subscription on PS4 and Xbox One; Origin, EA's gaming service on PC and through Steam; and a host of other experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
You will report to the Senior Manager of EAX Support and will lead our DevOps Engineers in our Technical Operations team. You will build technical and professional relationships within a cross-functional team. Our teams will lean on you and your team, during all phases of the service life cycle, from build-out, deployment, to ongoing service support and maintenance. You will also guide the creation of all documentation needed to assure a high level of service.
You're someone with a track record including the following:
• Lead projects
• Knowledge of ITIL Service Operation processes
• Experienced in process implementation within an operational context
• Make self available to other staff members as a source of information.
• Mentor team members
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
• Working knowledge of relevant operating systems, languages and environments
• Advanced in the concepts and implementation of CI/CD.
• Collaborative and passionate about leading change.
• At least 5 years of working with n-tier SOA applications in Java, Scala or Python in a web 2.0, enterprise IT, service provider, or web service environment.
• Expert level practical AWS and Kubernetes experience.
In a typical week as an EAX TechOps Lead…
• You would coordinate tasks from the backlog for the team
• You would meet with your leadership team to discuss ongoing and upcoming projects
• You would work with your team members on their personal development and goals
• You would help remove any roadblocks for the team to complete their work
• You would review and schedule any project requests
• You would partner with other EA, EAX and external teams to reduce platform and service downtime
• We may ask you for an element of on-call in a rotation.
You will work with...
• Other members of the EAX organization to find operational efficiencies and implement changes where needed.
• The EAX SupportOps team ensuring service delivery and service level agreements expectations are met.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.