Product Manager, Brand Marketing
We are Electronic Arts' Marketing and Commercial Organization (MCO). Our teams build meaningful relationships with hundreds of millions of players around the world who love our games. We aim to be the best at meeting players where they are and supporting them throughout their journey with EA. Our teams develop the strategic vision of our products, run outstanding multi-channel campaigns, build global engagement across all touch points, develop global insights, and propel sales and global publishing. We understand the dynamic global landscape so we can bring relevant content, promotions, and help to players anywhere. We foster an environment where our teams create the most amazing work of their career while inspiring the world to play. Our Community team is seeking a Lead of Core Community.
• Oversee a team of Community Managers leading the Core Community Engagement strategy for EA's FIFA, NHL and UFC franchises.
• Lead the team to engage with players to provide feedback on the game to the development team, while also communicating with players through web, social and livestream channels.
• Develop trust with FIFA, NHL and UFC players through transparent and purposeful communications. This will include building the five pillars of the Core Community role: Player Feedback, Communications Platforms, developer to player communication strategy, conversation reporting and expert insights for internal partners.
• Work with internal partners on EA's Positive Play Program, ensuring a safe and fun environment for our players in the community.
• Lead the global core community strategy for EA Vancouver studio games - EA SPORTS FIFA, NHL and UFC.
• Lead the strategy of EAV's direct-to-player communications programs including anchor platforms such as blogs, forums, social, live streams, and ensuring global alignment across all partners.
• In partnership with the user research team, develop and oversee the Player Design Council for EA Vancouver games, inclusive of tools and forums for diverse player feedback, and collaboration with developers on improvements to the game.
• Develop a network of partners both in studio and around the organization to help guide the core community strategies for EA SPORTS FIFA, NHL and UFC, including the development, brand, Marketing and Communications Partners, Finance, Legal and other important partners.
• Be the EA expert on EA SPORTS FIFA, NHL and UFC community, working with the Community Manager team on a conversation monitoring program to ensure the development team and important EA internal leaders are aware of community conversation and provided with relevant insights.
• Conduct surveys, research, and feedback from the community on issues improving the experience.
• Partner with the creator team to work with EA Game Changers and creators in the Community to tell the story of EA SPORTS FIFA, NHL and UFC, developing opportunities for content creation leading up to, during and after launch.
• Ensure all Electronic Arts standards and processes are observed and followed.
• Establish a positive reputation within the EA SPORTS FIFA, NHL and UFC communities.
• Have a deep love of EA and sports video games, matched with community engagement expertise and an ability to develop communications strategies that achieve our goals, to strengthen overall player engagement and sentiment for the franchise across the world.
• 7+ years of experience working in online communities, communications, journalism, online marketing, or equivalent.
• 2+ years experience managing a small team of community, communications or marketing professionals.
• Proficient in writing, grammar, and content-creation abilities.
• Imaginative thinker with the ability to present new ideas to wide audiences.
• Motivated to learn new things about players to improve their experience.
• Objectively interpret customer/community feedback and make recommendations.
• Bachelors Degree in Communications, Marketing or Game Development a plus.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.