L2 Desktop Specialist – Temporary
Job Title: ITO Service Specialist I
A full time, site specific position focused on IT client based solutions enabling the development of games. Position will be responsible for doing desktop work within the EA Vancouver desktop team. Role will require ''self-starter'' mentality and will require pro-active collaboration with L2 and L3 desktop techs. Position to participate in IT communities focused on knowledge sharing. On-call after hours support for local studio desktop support organization is a requirement.
KEY SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Key Skills:
• Work in an environment in which level 2 technicians will be motivated to provide best in class customer service. o Willing to learn the technology, improve their customer service delivery skills, and broaden their skill base. Able to assume greater responsibility in day to day operations of desktop support.
• Strong understanding of PC client workstation hardware, operating systems, applications, development game consoles, printers, mobile devices, networking.
• Strong understanding in Apple Mac and Apple Mac specific software, and Apple Mac support is a plus.
• Strong background in testing and optimizing client workstations and applications.
• Strong understanding of microprocessor hardware and application across all device types
• Knowledge and understanding of video conferencing equipment and usage. o Able to provide desktop support to VP level executive
• 100% L2 level work
• Provide frontline support for technical issues
• Set direction from desktop technology standpoint WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Intermediate technical skills and experience.
• Intermediate understanding of current Desktop (and technology) hardware standards and future hardware releases.
• Familiar with studio development applications including: Perforce, DevTrack, Visual Studio, Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, Microsoft XDK, Sony XDK/PRODG, Skype for Business, and Cisco video conferencing.
• Knowledge of enterprise desktop and user administrative tools including Apple/Mac, Active Directory, SCCM 2012, and McAfee EPO.
• Understanding of basic network protocols as well as network hardware.
• Intermediate hardware and software troubleshooting skills in a massive environment required.
• Intermediate knowledge of development and test hardware functionality including: updating firmware, updating to latest release for Xbox One and Sony PS4. Troubleshooting dev/test kit capabilities and knowledge of RMA process.
• Basic understanding of server side components and applications including web, application, and database infrastructure.
• Understanding of basic network protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, as well as network hardware.
• Intermediate hardware and software troubleshooting skills in a fast paced environment required.
Education / Experience or Equiv.
• Some knowledge of system fundamentals
• Understands distributed system and network interaction
• Willing to learn best practices
• Good knowledge of network/servers and storage.
• 1-2 yrs. Active Directory experience.
Complexity of Problem Solving
• Can answer some aspects of complex hardware
• Can find details on application and network errors
Freedom to Act/ Autonomy
• Acts independently for system tasks
• Receives general direction from management
Scope of Impact
• Low to Medium impact
• Works with internal customers solving complex problems
• Works with Entry Level Desktop Technicians
• Recommends purchase decisions
Interpersonal Skills/ Leadership Capability/ Action Values
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Can make presentations
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roep71-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.