The UFC Mobile team is founded on inclusivity, passion, innovation, and creativity with a mission to bring immersive sports gaming experiences built for mobile devices to millions of gamers around the world. With teams located in Canada and the United States, the UFC Mobile team is powered by global talent and looking for passionate and creative new team members to design the future of mobile gaming.
Our team is looking for a Java Software Engineer to help us build scalable, responsive user-facing features for our global userbase. You will report to the Server Engineering Lead and be part of a high-performing engineering team building the best games we can- collaborating with designers, artists, producers, and other engineers.
• Design, develop, and run fast, the scalable, highly available game features all the way from conception to delivery to live service operations
• Work with designers, client engineering, and production teams to achieve the game design goal
• Participate in design and code reviews, maintain high-quality standards throughout the software development cycle phases
• Implement security best practices and original techniques to keep user data secure and prevent cheating
• Interact with the other teams on software integration, and operations team on release and deployment.
• Participate in the planning process providing input into estimates and scheduling
• 8+ years experience with developing scalable server/backend applications on the Java platform
• Sc. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• Experience with Cloud services like Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
• Experience with Database Design and usage of large datasets in relational (MySQL, Postgres) databases.
• Experience with source code management: Git, Perforce, CVS, and Subversion.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative, and distributed team environment.
• Dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw9v6p-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.