Online Software Engineer - FIFA
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and teamwork are at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
FIFA Ultimate Team is a core part of the game, containing large-scale distributed services that contribute to the game's success.
Java Server Engineers within FIFA Ultimate team are involved in the Server development process, starting with architectural and technical design, moving forward to implementation, debugging across multiple Game platforms, working on complex problems (big data, concurrency, load, up-time, e-commerce) alongside Game Designers, Producers and other Engineering teams.
• You will work in an agile team to build new features within FIFA Ultimate Team space.
• You will be responsible for the design, development, testing, troubleshooting, measurement, optimization and improvements of server-side solutions applicable in large-scale distributed services.
• You will have the opportunity to evaluate the current online services architecture, by comparing advantages and disadvantages and provide available alternative paths.
• We work with multi-platform clients that use large-scale distributed services.
• You will report to team managers and assist with scope definition, planning, estimation and tracking.
• You will be able to do knowledge sharing and assist junior team members.
• You will have the chance to work in a large team, distributed both locally and across other EA studios.
• Minimum BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field
• 4+ years of experience developing Java object-oriented software.
• Solid knowledge of distributed systems design, micro-services architecture, software design patterns
• Solid knowledge of system scalability, availability and performance
• Solid knowledge of Server debugging techniques.
• Experience working with online services/servers (HTTP with REST), load testing and system analysis
• Experience with unit testing (J-Unit), Eclipse/ IntelliJ, Maven, version control system, build automation and continuous integration.
• Working knowledge of MySQL/SQL.
• Basic Linux/shell commands
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience working with remote teams.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb71yy-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.