The Java Engineer will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms-working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
• Roughly 70 to 85% hands-on coding (Java with SQL).
• Create and work on large-scale distributed HTTP-based backend service creating new features and updating existing ones.
• Resolve defects during QA testing, preproduction, production and from the live environment.
• Work with multiple clients working on multiple different platforms who use the features you create to complete user facing features.
• Occasional off-hours support for development needs and support of the live environment ensuring our consumer experience is always outstanding.
• 3+ years of experience developing software in Java.
• 2+ years of experience working on online services/severs (HTTP via REST).
• Strong working knowledge of the HTTP protocol.
• Strong working knowledge of SQL (MYSQL preferred).
• Knowledge of the Software design/architecture process.
• Experience with unit testing (JUnit).
• Experience developing and maintaining large-scale distributed applications.
• Experience with source control systems.
• Experience with Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzpq5q-54-198-139-112-42 in your application.