Please note that this is a 12-month contract opportunity.
At Electronic Arts, we are bringing together the creativity, talent and technology to connect players and deliver amazing experiences in entertainment. We thrive on passion, teamwork and pioneering. It's the fuel that drives us to inspire the world to play.
We're looking for a highly organised and collaborative individual to support communications campaigns for EA Games, EA Sports and for the EA Corporate reputation overall. You will play a critical role in coordinating across and beyond the team to ensure campaigns are run efficiently and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed along the way.
You will work closely with (in addition to the International Comms team): our network of International PR agencies including the centralised Corporate agency (Fleishmann Hillard), the Asset Management agency (Indigo Pearl), the Evaluation and Reporting agency (Cision), International Brand Managers (based in different countries across the region) and Global counterparts (based in North America).
• Supporting International Comms team in the coordination, production and distribution of PR materials (e.g. media alerts, developer information, Q&As, story ideas, etc.) to all territories, collaborating with local representatives to ensure cultural fit and to maximise implementation opportunities
• Tracking and managing localisation of PR assets
• Tracking and managing distribution of code to territories (via EA Digital Codes Distribution Tool)
• Tracking and managing interview and spokespeople requests (working with relevant internal team members to ensure these requests are responded to and completed within a predetermined time frame)
• Identify and address opportunities to improve processes and ways of working
• Managing regular reporting to internal stakeholders
• Meeting management - ensuring agendas are shared and populated ahead of time, managing schedules, minute taking, post-meeting follow-ups
• Operational/on ground support of product launches, media events, developer tours etc. (once global situation allows for this).
• Finance & LBA support – tracking POs, recharges, new vendor requests, NDAs etc
Experience and Skills
• Educated to 'A' Level / degree standard – able to think through problems to find appropriate solutions and challenge established work practices for the betterment of departmental performance.
• Suitable for applicants who have recently graduated
• Advanced organisation skills and close attention to detail in order to prioritise and organise a very varied work schedule
• Strong administrative skills
• Proven skills in creative thinking
• Self starter – highly motivated individual to keep pace in this busy office
• Team player – broad level of involvement across many marketing areas and many other functions
• Computer Literate – experience of major business applications e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Communicative – strong written, oral and interpersonal skills are required in an international dept. where communication is key
• Passion for entertainment (video games in particular would be an advantage)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d551k3-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.