The thesis is offered for a period covering 6-months and will be within our Inclusive Design and Product Development team at EA Studios, Stockholm.
The thesis topic should address diversity and inclusion challenges and solutions that are directly applicable to the development process. There is some flexibility to the specific topic, based on your interests. Your topic may be selective to a section of needs such as measuring demographics data, measuring impact to the quality of our products in the context of inclusion and diversity in content and gameplay.
Relevant questions can include:
• What are some challenges developers face regarding designing inclusive games?
• What are some specific approaches we can experiment with to overcome development challenges across different genres?
• What measurable impact does inclusion & diversity have on the quality of games?
What we look for
• Applicants are welcomed from areas of study relevant to the subject, such as Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Cognitive science, Game design, etc.
• 0 to 2 years experience in research design
• Familiarity with a range of qualitative and quantitative methodologies which may include but are not limited to; questionnaire development, survey research, card sorting, think aloud, cognitive walkthroughs, heuristics, usability testing
• Excellent written and oral communication skills including presenting to large groups of individuals.
• Must have teamwork skills and be a team player.
• Must be able to work autonomously.
• A passion for gaming
• Experience in game or level design on any platform is considered a benefit, as is familiarity with the development process within the game or entertainment software industry.
• Must be enrolled in a Master's program at a Swedish university
Please apply online with a CV and cover letter in English
We look forward to receiving your application!