QVS Head of Ops
Quality Verification & Standards is a global team providing Quality Verification, Certification, UXR and Community PlayTest to all EA Studios as well as external Studio partners.
We're searching for a Head of Operations who'll report to the VP of QVS, partnering with the group's Leadership team and the VP of DTS Ops to guide the planning and control of essential operational activities. You will play a key role in strategic guidance for QVS efficiencies and effectiveness. You will set and monitor operational targets for QVS and guide activities that achieve strategic goals. As a primary member of the QVS Leadership Team you will also help build culture and align site operations and communications.
• Be driver for efficiency and effectiveness for all QVS functions, help the teams set goals and measure progress
• Demonstrate a good working knowledge of key QVS methodologies and an understanding of when to use or adapt each one
• Provide leadership and support to strategic programs to have an impact on future projects and QVS road map.
• Develop Team measurements that track discipline performance, delivery, and financial status and risks.
• Partner with the QVS Leadership team to review resource and execution plans.
• Lead change management strategies for QVS Teams whether through town halls, reviews, workshops or other inclusive methods.
• Partner with PE to employ and grow talent.
• Provide necessary oversight for and monitor execution of key QVS game development processes (QV, PQI, Analytics and Engineering). Influence and enhance process frameworks as appropriate
• Lead process improvement forward through direct and dotted line reports. This includes transparent, predictable and value-added processes for quality product delivery and efficiencies and new ways of thinking about operations.
• Lead Quarterly QVS operational'/business reviews by presenting metrics and risks '/ mitigation for the relevant teams.
• Conduct operational reviews with QVS, advise on best practices and partner to design creative solutions to challenges that arise.
• Handle and coordinate resource planning between QVS Teams, ensuring efficient headcount use across the groups.
• Measure progress and suggest top level actions to address progress shortfalls.
• Anticipate and prepare reasonable contingencies. • Lead and run essential operational activities of the QVS teams and set clear targets to achieve Goals.
• Commit to predictable delivery and risk management.
• Work with the PE team in defining the future workforce strategy including: outsourcing, insourcing, internal development resources, external development resources'/external partners and contingency workforce management.
• Support DTS Heads of Ops providing QVS data and insights as required
Financial '/ Infrastructure
• Develop and Manage to QVS operating and capital budgets, resource budget, quality, and predictability targets.
• Provide complex project solutions across multiple disciplines that consider process, analytics and technology.
Who You Are:
• 10+ years of operations and leadership experience in a mobile or AAA Game development environment.
• Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to challenge and collaborate with a variety of partners within the organization and across EA.
• Present compelling business cases'/analyses'/recommendations to leadership team.
• Proficient change management skills.