Senior Environment Artist
Hard Surface Artist (Apex Legends)
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio, and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture, and craft.
As a Hard Surface Artist you will work with both Respawn and the EA Create Art Worlds Teams, to create diverse and engaging assets for our players. You will be working in a creative environment where you will collaborate with all disciplines on the development team.
• Create weapons, loot, and support any Hard Surface-related assets for a FPS game.
• Create high fidelity FPS weapons and optimized 3P models within a given deadline
• Creative problem solving
• Work within given scope to deliverable AAA assets
• Reports to Art Director and Hardsurface Lead assisting reference gathering, and presentations, having reviews and taking constructive feedback
• Collaborate or support Animations, Design, VFX, and UX team with asset creation
• Integrate, setup, troubleshoot assets in proprietary tools and game engine
• Basic rigid body rigging
• Provides feedback with workflows and toolsets
• 5 or more years of production experience
• A desire to grow as a Hardsurface Artist
• Ability to understand and work with other proprietary tools proficiently in short time period
• Experience in a production environment working with a large team
• Proficient in Maya and ability to create high poly models primarily within Maya
• Ability to use secondary programs to assist high poly creation includes Zbrush, Blender, Marvelous Designer, or equivalent
• Proficient in Substance Painter and Marmoset for texture baking workflows
• Extensive experience in high poly bakes to low poly and PBR texture workflows
• Comprehensive knowledge with some of the mainstream game engine such as Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, Snowdrop, and source
• Example of strong poly modeling showing strong mesh flow, efficient use of polys
• Good use of texture space
• PBR workflows
• A clear breakdown of what you did for each work example shown.
• Weapon rigging experiences
• Basic understanding of game scripting
• Portfolio - Understanding of mechanical design and weapon design
• Portfolio - Examples of hard surface assets including but not limited to FPS weapons and vehicles
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.