C++ Generalist Software Engineer - FIFA
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and teamwork are at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
The Senior Engineer will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms-working on complex problems with Designers, Artists, and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases, and tools.
You will report to the Development Director.
• You will make use of dedicated technologies to work on solutions that cover the main aspects of game development: game features, stability, and performance optimizations (frame rate, load time, memory).
• You will work with other domain owners to integrate and develop technologies into the game
• You will analyze the impact of the above mentioned metrics throughout the development cycle.
• You will provide feedback, guidance, and solutions for improvement and optimizations.
• 6+ years of experience in C++ software development
• Proficiency in integrating and maintaining large-scale systems covering multiple domains
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and run-time optimization
• Experience with 3rd party APIs
• Skills debugging complex applications
• Knowledge of job-based architectures might come in handy
• Experience with geometry, linear algebra, calculus, and physics as they pertain to transformations and motions in 3D space
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• Knowledge of assembler, scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C#
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4wbnz-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.