EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
Gameplay Programmers are versatile generalists who focus on game strategy and the 'feel' of a game. However, they will inevitably be involved with the more specialized areas of the game's development, such as graphics and sound. Gameplay programmers may implement strategy tables, tweak input code, or adjust other factors that alter the game. You will report to the Senior Engineer and work with your peers to deliver gameplay features envisioned by producers and designers.
• Bring the vision of the artists and designers to life.
• Design and write the code that runs and controls the game, incorporating and adapting existing libraries and writing custom code.
• Prototype new mechanics to prove designs and improve on mechanics.
• Design technical designs for Gameplay systems.
• Develop tools and workflows to produce new game features.
• Work with a proprietary engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialogue to be considered.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• 5+ Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
• Experience architecting and implementing A.I., character control, path finding, multiplayer, or other gameplay-related systems.
• Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles
• Excellent debugging experience using tools to help debug.
• Understand performance implication of Gameplay systems & algorithms and how to improve.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $153,900 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpoyno-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.