''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Reporting to the Lead Gameplay Programmer, you are a versatile generalist who focuses on the ''feel'' of a game. However, you will be involved with the more specialized areas of the game's development, such as AI, Animation, Combat, and Physics. Gameplay programmers implement a variety of features such as combat mechanics, player controls, RPG Systems and NPC behaviors that contribute to the player experience.
• You will partner with the designers and artists to bring gameplay to life.
• You will contribute to the design process of gameplay features.
• You will be Prototyping and refining gameplay features.
• You will create base gameplay system and tools for the designers to extend.
• You will ensure that game technologies are well designed and concerning CPU and memory consumption.
• 5 or more years of technical experience in the video game or other software industry.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• Experience architecting and implementing A.I., character control, path finding, multiplayer, or other gameplay-related systems.
• You have knowledge of good software programming practices.
• You have shipped a PC or Console title.
• Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games.
• Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
• Experience with managed languages (C#, Java) and assembler.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.