Senior Art Director - UFC
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
Gameplay Mechanics Designer - SKATE
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.
We are looking for an experienced Gameplay Mechanics Designer to join the Skate team. You will report to our Creative Director. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development on a new entry in the Skate franchise. In this role you will partner with the gameplay team to create compelling physics-based gameplay mechanics. This role requires both written and verbal skills, and an eye for developing successful onboarding experiences.
• You will partner with the engineering and animation gameplay teams; work with design leadership through all stages of development to implement and tune physics-based gameplay mechanics.
• You will communicate progress and resolution of problems setting clear guidelines and expectations for your peers.
• You will develop documentation, craft prototypes and deliver final content for gameplay features and systems.
• You will work with UI/UX to develop the onboarding experience, teaching new players relevant gameplay mechanics
• You will promote the creation of processes that align with keeping a small, sustainable team size and a high number of iterations to achieve high gameplay quality.
• 5 + years of experience as a gameplay designer
• Solid grasp of current market trends and consumer feedback with the ability to develop new ideas based on analytics, data, and research
• Deep familiarity with the fundamentals of user experience and playability testing.
• Proven experience onboarding new players/users
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Passion for promoting an inclusive and diverse, 'team-first' culture based on fun
As a designer on Skate, you respond to opinions, analytics, and test results with suggestions for improvement. By using player data and gathering feedback, you make informed choices to provide an engaging overall experience.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.