Gameplay Mechanics Designer
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
Gameplay Mechanics Designer - SKATE
''This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.''
GAMEPLAY MECHANICS DESIGNER
We are looking for an experienced Gameplay Mechanics Designer to join the Skate team. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development on a new entry in the Skate franchise. In this role you will partner with the gameplay team to craft innovative and intuitive physics-based gameplay mechanics. This role requires strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and an eye for developing successful onboarding experiences.
What you'll do
• You will partner with the engineering & animation gameplay teams; collaborating with design leadership through all stages of development to implement and tune physics-based gameplay mechanics.
• You will be active in communicating progress and resolution of problems setting clear guidelines and expectations for your peers.
• You will develop documentation, craft prototypes and deliver final content for gameplay features and systems.
• You will work with UI/UX to develop the onboarding experience, teaching new players relevant gameplay mechanics
• You will promote the creation of processes and tools that reinforce the key goals of maintaining a small, sustainable team size and high numbers of iterations to achieve high gameplay quality.
What you bring
• 5 + years of experience as a gameplay designer working on AAA & or mobile titles.
• Comprehensive understanding of current market trends and consumer feedback with the ability to craft and implement innovative ideas based on analytics, data, and research
• Deep familiarity with the fundamentals of user experience and playability testing.
• Proven experience and understanding of onboarding new players/users
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Passion for fostering an inclusive and diverse, 'team-first' culture based on fun
As a solution-oriented designer, you respond to opinions, analytics, and test results with suggestions for improvement. By leveraging real player data and gathering feedback, you make informed choices to deliver an engaging overall experience.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.