Please note - this role is primarily based in Stockholm, Sweden but can also be remotely in Europe, or from any of our European offices.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative Mirror's Edge games.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
The DICE Animation team works with animations specified by the projects. This may be in game animations, cinematic animations, motion capture or setups/logic in our tools or in engine. An animator can be proficient in one or many of the aforementioned areas.
You will work with motion capture data or create animation from reference. You will collect and record reference material for the task at hand. You will balance effort and quality against the intended purpose of the asset to create assets that live up to our visual and technical targets. You will be reporting to our Studio Animation Director.
• Work with designers and coders and implement features in engine.
• Test and debug your assets in the game.
• Collaborate and discuss artistic and technical challenges with colleagues.
• Create briefs, review results and provide feedback when needed.
• Seek feedback on your own work not just from your lead or director but from other disciplines as well.
• Create previzes, block out scenes and provide examples or references from outside sources.
You have artistic qualities and are excellent at interpreting reference and in game examples. You have a solid appreciation and understanding of how things are moving in real life together with a sense of style and willingness to work with actors and stunt performers. You have a broad understanding of technical workflows. You are creating assets with efficiency, and being mindful of performance as well as production constraints.
• Someone with 2+ years of experience as an Animator in the video games industry.
• Excellent collaboration and team environment experience. You can provide structured, clear briefs and feedback to colleagues within and outside of the animation craft.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2pb9m-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.