Gameplay Designer (Combat)
''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will help make the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Motive is looking for a Gameplay Designer with a specialization in combat to join our team working on the early stages of a new project. You will work with gameplay leadership to create the combat experience from the early stages. You understand combat from the elements that make a single attack feel great to how all the parts fit together to keep combat engaging hour to hour.
You will join a small team of gameplay designers who report to the Lead Gameplay Designer.
• Create features and content for combat, including the player's abilities, tools, and melee, and ranged weapons.
• Partner with other designers to ensure the core player mechanics (character, camera, and controls) work well with the combat gameplay.
• Write design documents and plan execution on features to support the creative director's vision.
• Create understanding and enthusiasm for designs by presenting them, explaining them in different forms, and taking feedback from the team.
• Create and guide prototypes that answer important questions about a design.
• Implement new features and content and develop them to completion, using our in-house tools and visual scripting.
• Work with art, animation, audio, visual effects, and programming to identify risks early and develop features and content.
• Collect and use qualitative data (playtest, usability, and customer feedback) and quantitative data (telemetry and analytics) to inform your designs.
• Provide relevant, constructive design feedback to other designers.
• 3+ years of design experience in video games.
• Design credits on at least one title where you were responsible for major parts of the design of combat and the player character, including melee.
• Experience writing design documents for features or content.
• Experience working hands-on with a game engine to implement your designs.
• Knowledge of recent action games and trends in the market and the ability to apply insights from them.
• A focus on player experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71eb6-3-235-139-152-42 in your application.