''Motive'' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Motive is looking for a Gameplay Designer with a specialization in AI behaviors and combat systems for a project currently into production.
You will join a team of experienced gameplay designers who report to the project's Game Director.
• Partner with other designers to ensure consistency between the different enemy types.
• Write design documents and create prototypes to clearly define the feature needs and gameplay.
• Act as a Product Owner and plan the execution of features with the team.
• Create understanding and enthusiasm for designs by presenting them, explaining them in different forms, and taking feedback from the team.
• Implement and balance game's data directly in the engine.
• Work with programming, art, animation, audio and visual effects to identify risks early and develop features and content.
• Collect and use qualitative data (playtest, usability, and customer feedback) and quantitative data (telemetry and analytics) to inform and balance your designs.
• 3+ years of design experience in video games.
• Experience writing design documents for features or content.
• Experience working hands-on with a game engine to implement your designs.
• Knowledge of recent action games and trends in the market and the ability to apply insights from them.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d284jy-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.